Follow me on facebook

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Mango Salsa/salad

I had read that a mango salsa tastes really good with grilled fish. However, whenever I make grilled fish...my kids eat it as it is ....or with some rice or furikake. So, usually I make it plain and at last minute. This time I made effort to plan and make this salad ahead...so that we could enjoy with our grilled salmon.





Ingredients:

  • 1 large mango (I used the thai variety available here)
  • 1/2 cucumber (I used the Japanese cucumber)
  • 1 large tomato
  • 1 small red onion
  • 1 avocado (My avocado was raw, so didn't use)
  • 1 green chili
  • 1/2 lemon (juice)
  • A bunch of coriander leaves
  • Salt and pepper

Recipe:

  • Wash and clean the vegetables.
  • Peel the mango and chop it.

  • Chop other vegetables.

  • Take them all in a platter and toss them together.

  • Top with chopped coriander and minced chili.

  • Squeeze lemon over it.

  • Season with salt and pepper.

  • Refrigerate for about 15 mins, if you are serving it, as a salad or a dip or it can be served at room temperature too.

Quantity:

  • Serves 2-3

Notes:

  • Increase lemon juice or chili if you want to make it tangy or hot.
  • My mango was quite sweet, and I preferred the salsa to be on the sweeter side than spicy or sour, so I preferred using the said quantity of chili and lemon.
  • I served with grilled salmon. It can be served as a salad, or as a dip for nachos/chips.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear what you think.....