Follow me on facebook

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Fettuccine with creamy roasted red pepper and feta sauce / Roasted bell pepper soup

Google is amazing.... you can find anything ...well, almost anything on it.... One day, I just had just 3 red bell peppers in my refrigerator. I googled "recipe with red bell peppers" and I got 100's of recipes as a result. I chose a easy one from food network and it has been my family favorite for a long time. 


Add a few more ingredients, minus the pasta and you will get a tasty and filling soup. It goes well with Garlic bread and some fresh salad. 





Ingredients:

For the pasta:
  • 3 red bell peppers
  • 1 onion
  • 5 garlic cloves
  • salt/pepper
  • 2 tbsp feta cheese
  • 300 gms fettucine(or any other which you prefer) 
  • fresh parsley to garnish
  • 1tsp olive oil
For the soup:
  • 3 red bell peppers
  • 2 small potatoes
  • 2 onions
  • 3-4 garlic cloves
  • 1 medium carrot
  • salt/pepper 
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • butter/croutons and fresh parsley to garnish

Recipe:

For the pasta:
  • Boil the pasta in enough salted water till it is cooked al dente.
  • Wash and clean the bell peppers, remove seeds and chop them roughly.
  • Chop onions and garlic and arrange them with the peppers in a baking tray greased with 1/2 tsp olive oil.
  • Roast in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Alternatively, you can also roast it directly on the gas stove flame.
  • Grind the vegetables in a food processor, until they are smooth and creamy. 
  • Take about 1/2 tsp olive oil in a pan, pour the mix and a little water if it is too thick and let it cook for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. 
  • Add boiled and salted pasta and mix well.
  • Add 1 tbsp crumbled feta cheese.
  • Serve with more feta cheese and fresh chopped parsley(i din't have).
  • If you have a few more ingredients, you can make a very delicious soup out of the peppers too....

For the soup:
  • Roast the red bell peppers with the garlic and onions as before(I sauteed the onion and garlic separately in a tsp of olive oil in a pan)
  • Boil the potatoes and carrot in a pressure cooker.

  • Puree all the vegetables together in a blender. 
  • Season with salt and pepper.
  • Serve hot drizzled with olive oil/butter and fresh parsley and croutons.


One more picture of the pasta .... :)



Quantity:

  • 3-4 servings

Notes:

  • I also added some grated Parmesan cheese, I feel I always need "extra Parmesan cheese" on my Italian inspired recipes. 
  • You can remove the skin of the roasted bell pepper once it is cooled before grinding it.
  • As you have noticed, I have used spaghetti ... I think you can use any pasta you like.

You can try the following pasta recipes too....




2 comments:

Love to hear what you think.....