Follow me on facebook

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Baked Chicken and spinach roll-ups

This recipe was made by my facebook friend Priyanka a few days ago...., so when my son asked me to make a different kind of chicken than what I usually make I thought of making this recipe. I never even thought it would be any good, as I just remembered seeing the picture and I din't know how to make it. So I googled with the keywords "chicken and spinach baked rolls" and out of 100's of results, I liked this recipe
Initially, I din't think I will write a post about it..., :) but I started clicking pictures halfway through the recipe and I am glad I did. It is one of the simplest yet very delicious recipe, and healthy too !





Ingredients:

  • 2 chicken breasts
  • 8 tbsp of chopped spinach
  • about 2-3 tbsp chopped cheddar cheese
  • salt and pepper and 1/2 tsp olive oil to grease the pan 
  • Additional cheese/butter or olive oil and salad leaves for garnish
(I forgot to click the picture of the ingredients.)


Recipe:

  • Cut the chicken breasts into two pieces lengthwise. Put them on cling wrap and cover with more cling wrap. With the help of rolling pin, pound on the chicken and flatten it a little.

  • Sprinkle with salt. Put 2 tbsps of chopped spinach on each of the chicken piece. 

  • Place cheese slices on top of spinach and add more salt/pepper if needed.

  • Roll up the chicken and secure with a tooth pick. Place the joint side facing down.

  •  Grease a tray with half tsp oil and lay all the rolls on the baking tray. 

  • Bake for 15 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees. 

  • Serve hot drizzled with more cheese and a drop of butter or olive oil.

  • These rolls were moist, juicy and super tasty. My son called me "super chef" after eating these... :) !!!


Quantity:

  • 2 chicken breasts made 4 rolls. I cut each roll in half and it made 8 pieces.


Notes:

  • You can use any other cheese like ricotta or mozzarella.
  • You can pan-fry the rolls with 2 tsps olive oil or butter.
  • A tip from my friend, pound the chicken in a ziploc bag. That is much easier and keeps it in one place.


2 comments:

Love to hear what you think.....