Follow me on facebook

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Blondies

It is beginning of long long summer holidays. My kids are at home all day. I am trying to plan indoor and outdoor activities for them. Baking and eating baked goodies is one of them. My older son was going to an X-box party.... which means a lot of kids will gather in  someone's house and play X-box for hours together. My son asked me to send a snack for the party and my younger one needed an activity, so we decided to make brownies.......! I didn't have enough cocoa powder or chocolate, so decided to make colorful and chocolate chip version of brownies.... called blondies(as they are white in color).



aah yes, we did some printing activity too.... made colorful print paintings....!!! and used them as placemats...!!! :) a perfect match for the colorful "m and m and sprinkle" blondies...!!!







Ingredients:

  • 1 and 1/2 cup packed brown sugar (I had a little under 2 cups of brown sugar left and I made two batches of this recipe, so used little under a cup of sugar for both batches)
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 and 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup chocolate chips 
  • 1/4 cup of m and m's
  • 1 tbsp of sprinkles



Recipe:

  • Combine the flour, baking powder and salt and sieve the mixture.

  • In  large bowl, combine butter and sugar. Mix it well with a cake whisk.

  • Add eggs and vanilla. Whisk again.


  • Add the sieved flour and mix well.

  • Add the chocolate chips, m and m's and sprinkles. Combine with a spatula.


  • Line a brownie pan with parchment paper. I used a tart pan for the second batch.
  • You can use a square tin too. 

  • Pour about 2 tbsps of the mix, in the brownie slots. If using a single pan, dump the mix in the pan and level it with a spatula.


  • Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 18-20 minutes.

With a placemat in green coloured spray paint....!!


Quantity:

  • Makes 12 blondies about 2 inches in sides.

Notes:

  • You can omit the m and m's and the sprinkles and add about half a cup of walnuts or pistachios.
  • You can make with just chocolate chips as I did, for the second batch.
  • With a bit of crunch on the outside and soft on the inside, it was a nice "pick-me-up" snack for a bunch of hungry 11 year olds.












1 comment:

Love to hear what you think.....